- Les Yay: Smurfette and Vexy. Except for the fact that theyre sisters.
- Moral Event Horizon: While Gargamel's still a funny guy, that still does not make it the least bit excusable that he threatened to let Vexy and Hackus die unless Smurfette gave him the formula for Papa Smurf's secret potion. Oddly, that just makes it easier for you to laugh when is Played for Laughs at his expense, particularly during The Stinger.
- Retroactive Recognition The only other reason for anyone to even watch this movie is to see a pre-Room Jacob Tremblay.
- The Scrappy: Blue is a huge unfavorite to audiences. Poor acting from his actor, annoying voice, serving no role to the plot whatsoever, and pointing out the obvious certainly helps.
- She Really Can Act: Katy Perry does an excellent job pulling some dramatic scenes as Smurfette.
- Shipping: Grouchy and Vexy.
- Squick: Once you realize that Hackus and Vexy are related to Smurfette, it makes the scenes where Hackus flirts with Smurfette uncomfortable.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Although its quality is still debatable, the story and characterization are more focused and less reliant on wacky antics (though there is still a decent amount of it).
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Victor Doyle. The movie attempts to make him seem like a man who had been trying to be a good father figure to his stepson, even going as far as saying that his stepson's parrot was taken away because Victor was allergic to birds instead of Patrick. However, he was unapologetic when he nearly caused one of the children at Blue's birthday party to go into anaphylactic shock from eating a corndog fried in peanut oil and constantly insisted on assisting Patrick when his stepson made it clear that he didn't want him around.
YMMV / The Smurfs 2