- Crosses the Line Twice: When Bart takes Hitler's car for a joyride, he briefly gives a Nazi salute and shouts "Out of my way, I'm Hitler!" (though, according to the DVD commentary, this line wasn't funny to one of the writers, who actually had a WWII veteran stepfather who fought Nazis in Europe).
- Nelson's line, "You wrecked Hitler's car. What did he ever do to you?" before punching him in the gut.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Watching Cooder's tricks with his cigarette can sting a bit knowing the his voice actor, Jim Varney, died only two years later of lung cancer brought on by decades of heavy smoking.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One of the games at the carnival is "The Yardwork Simulator", which is Exactly What It Says on the Tin. A decade later, along came FarmVille, and later Harvest Moon, Farming Simulator, Stardew Valley, and many others.
- Not to mention many games that cover similar inane topics and are literally have simulator in their names. Most notably Goat Simulator.
- The original line about Hitler's car being part of the Disney Electric Light Parade and the show's legal team begging them not to use it is funnier now that Disney owns FOX and, by proxy, The Simpsons.
YMMV / The Simpsons S 9 E 12 Bart Carny