- Les Yay: Evelyn seems very taken with Marge, and acts like she wants to take her from Homer.
- Unintentional Period Piece:
- Marge's country-club friends find it déclassé to buy in person from a clerk, now preferring to have things shipped "overnight from Vermont or Washington State." Thanks to some seismic changes in the retail environment since 1996, anyone regardless of where they are on the socio-economic ladder (so long as they have the cash for it and know how to shop online) can order anything from Washington State (a.k.a Amazon).
- Homer models his fashion sense on Andy Sipowicz. NYPD Blue hasn't been on the air since the mid-2000s.
- Both retail chains Bart and Lisa suggest buying the family's new TV from (The Sharper Image and The Nature Company, respectively) went out of business before The New '10s. The Sharper Image relaunched in 2010, but as an online store only.
YMMV / The Simpsons S 7 E 14 Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield