- Common Knowledge: The shot of Homer's second fall into the gorge. The footage where Homer is actually shown falling after the ambulance crashes into the tree and getting hit with the gurney when he lands was animated for season four's "So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show". In the episode proper, the scene ends with the crowd looking over the cliff after Homer falls out of the ambulance before cutting to Homer in the hospital.
- Crosses the Line Twice: One of the most notably hilarious moments of the series occurs when Homer tumbles down Springfield Gorge, which is followed by the skateboard he was using falling on him, him getting repeatedly bumped on his way up via airlift, and then finally the ambulance he was put in crashing into a tree, causing him to fall down the Gorge again.
- Signature Scene: Homer skateboarding over Springfield Gorge, overconfident in his survival, before dropping midair over the gorge and falling over the rocks, and the second time after being hauled into the ambulance. This scene would be so iconic that it would end up being featured and referenced in several future Simpsons mediums, including:
- "So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show": Which adds a new shot of the second time Homer falls down the cliff after falling out of the ambulance, then being hit by the gurney.
- "Behind the Laughter": Homer reveals that after shooting this stunt, he becomes addicted to painkillers.
- "The Blunder Years": Homer begins to reminisce about this scene, but Lisa interrupts saying, "Dad, everyone's tired of that story", referring to the number of times the scene has been seen both in episodes and behind-the-scenes documentaries.
- The Simpsons: Road Rage: The gorge appears in the stage "Springfield Mountains". And yes, it's possible to drive across it.
- The Simpsons Movie: During the climax after Bart and Homer throw the bomb over the dome on the motorbike, the bike flies up the ramp and over Springfield Gorge. Eagle-eyed viewers will note that the crashed ambulance is still there!
- "The Simpsons Guy": During Homer and Peter's chicken fight, while they are on Kang and Kodos' ship, the ship goes over the gorge and Peter says, "We're gonna make it!", to which Homer responds, "Trust me, we're not."
- Wangst: Homer and Bart throwing tantrums and bawling their eyes out when Lisa reveals that her recital is on the same night as Truckasaurus.
YMMV / The Simpsons S2 E8 "Bart the Daredevil"