- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: When Homer shows off his website and Lisa tells him that he can't use copyrighted images for his site, Bart tries to tell Homer that he got suspended from school because he had a knife in his locker, punched a cop, and that he feels mad all the time. Bart's side story is never brought up again.
- Bizarro Episode: Even by post-millennium episode standards, this episode was screwed up.
- Broken Base: Is this episode a really good spoof of The Prisoner (1967) or yet another sign that The Simpsons has descended into madness and Seasonal Rot?
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- Given the growing concerns about "fake news" and their negative effects in society during the The New '10s and The New '20s, Homer's scheme would make him much less sympathetic these days.
- His fake news story that turns out to be real involves vaccinations being used for a sinister purpose, echoing real-life conspiracy theories that contribute to the anti-vaccination movement, which has grown to the point of causing significant medical crises.
- The increase of school shootings makes the quick "joke" of Bart talking about how he got suspended for having a knife in his locker, took a swing at a cop, and how he feels mad all the time is more tasteless now than it was back then.
YMMV / The Simpsons S 12 E 6 The Computer Wore Menace Shoes