- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: It can be pretty hard to watch this movie if it wasn't for MST3K.
- Ham and Cheese: Michael Pataki looked like he was really making an effort with his role as JC.
- Ho Yay: JC with pretty much every other male character in the film.
- The Scrappy: Crapout for his obnoxious attempts at being funny and because he ditches Rommel during the battle against J.C. to save his own skin.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: The opening montage of Rommel and Rita frolicking around a field, which feels straight out of an especially goopy romantic comedy and fully out of place in a film like this.
- Tear Jerker: Honestly, watching Rommel wander aimlessly after Rita's death while "Only Love" plays in the background is pretty depressing.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: The film wants us to feel sorry for Paisley, but that's kind of hard considering every bad thing that happens in the movie is her fault.
YMMV / The Sidehackers