- Awesome Art: An artist named Nemris has done a lot great fanart for the fanfic.
- Magnificent Bastard:
- Fabius Bile. He stood behind the False King and engineered the civil war between legioners of the Sons of Horus.
- Aeonid Thiel, Lord of the Red-Marked, who spent several millennia disguised as a Daemon Prince using a pact with Malal yet retaining humanity, turned the Ultramarines into a joke, and ended up sabotaging Guilliman's resurrection by using his reputation as "Marius Gage" as an excuse to devastate the Ruinstorm and trick the Arch-Traitor into focusing on him long enough to blow up Macragge. To add icing to the cake, his last words are him mocking his traitorous father that he pulled the same exact trick Alpharius himself did.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Corax's desolation of the Kiavahr Nexus. He killed entire planets to have his revenge on techno-lords and scientists who turned his early live into darkest torment.
- Vulkan's order to kill one fifth of the population of a single city-state on the planet Kharataan to teach them not to oppose the Imperium in general and Vulkan in particular. And then he did it again and again with each city-state which dared to oppose him on the planet. When Conrad Kurze sent ten of his legioners with the message from Malcador to Vulkan to return back to Terra and explain his actions, he beat them to death with his warhammer without a hint of remorse.
- Nightmare Fuel: Everything about Raven Guard after their corruption.
- And everything about the life of Corvus Corax. His torment on Kiavahr is also a major Tear Jerker.
- The Malice.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Corvus Corax and his legion. Even Vulkan and Fabius Bile, of all depraved sentient beings, wish to interact as little as possible with them.
- Tear Jerker:
- Konrad Curze's foster mother taking the blow meant for him."You are not a monster."
- A dying Barabas Dantioch sacrificing himself at the Dark Glass station to teleport the World Eaters' and Word Bearers' fleet away from the Ruinstorm."Please, tell my father that in the end... I died with dignity."
- Lucius the Reborn's entire story arc was pretty tear jerking.
- Perturabo's musings after the Heresy. He sees nothing in the future but endless war and misery, but that he cannot allow himself to dwell on it because his sons need him to be strong. He sounds so defeated.
- Konrad Curze's foster mother taking the blow meant for him.
YMMV / The Roboutian Heresy