- Anvilicious: The unabashedly pro-nudist message of Prefects After Dark is not exactly subtle.
- Author's Saving Throw: After writing Prefects After Dark, the author discovered that Self Insert Fics were not very popular among the wider community of fanfic authors. So in Prefects Before Dawn, the Author Avatar character from the first one acts like a jerk and gets turned into a stone statue. However, the author later decided to give him a happier send-off and wrote The New Prefect to do so.
- Awesome Ego: Thomas may be somewhat arrogant but readers have tended to respond positively to him, including one who also identifies as a nudist.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: No reason is given for the rivalry between the two prefects so it might be difficult to care about who comes out on top.
- Designated Hero: Thomas is made out to be the hero of the first and third stories but does not act all that differently from Malcolm and can come off as stuck-up, particularly when showing off his naked body. Similarly, Malcolm is the protagonist of the second story but never does anything heroic and shows no remorse for what he does to Thomas.
- Evil Is Cool: Thomas and Malcolm both do some pretty nasty, diabolical things to each other. But they nevertheless come across as likable rogues.
- Ho Yay: Liam and Simon share a bath together and Liam compliments Simon on his body (including his penis) but none of this is done in an overtly sexual way.
- Idiot Plot: The ending of the companion piece only happens because Liam neglected to find out how to restore someone who's been petrified to normal.
- Jerkass Woobie: After Thomas is turned into a statue, it's hard not to feel at least a little bit sorry for him. Until you remember what he did to Malcolm and how dismissive he was of the fact that Malcolm was nearly killed. Not to mention the fact that he did it right after thanking Malcolm for helping him to discover the "real Thomas". The same thing happens to Simon but he too can come across as an arrogant jerk at times.
- Magnificent Bastard: Thomas and Malcolm exhibit traits of this trope. Both of them manage to charm Moaning Myrtle and they avoid consequences for their actions. Thomas streaks through the Halls of Hogwarts without getting caught by the caretaker. Malcolm turns Thomas into a statue and ends up as Head Boy.
- Nightmare Fuel: Thomas ultimately accepts the fact that he'll remain a statue forever but the idea of spending eternity in that state is terrifying to say the least. Fortunately, the events of The New Prefect ensure that he won't have to.
- No Yay: Malcolm and Basil engage in a threesome with a ghost. A ghost of a teenage girl.
- Propaganda Piece: Prefects After Dark is arguably a piece of pro-nudist propaganda with some Harry Potter elements thrown in.
- Shocking Swerve: The protagonist from the first story suddenly getting turned to stone might come across as this.
- Squick: This trope might come into play when you realize that there is nudity and sexual content in a trilogy about teenagers (although it is downright tame compared to the more explicit HP fanfics).
- Too Cool to Live: Thomas is a nudist and proud of it. He enjoys running around Hogwarts butt-naked. This results in him getting turned to stone and, after he is restored to normal, falling to his death.
- The Un Twist: Readers of The Rival Prefects Trilogy will probably not be surprised at the fact that Simon, the naked character in the companion piece, is also turned into a statue.
YMMV / The Rival Prefects Trilogy