- Better on DVD: While most "Unrated" versions of PG-13 horror movies are nothing but marketing hype, this one actually includes seven minutes of new footage, including extended suspense sequences, more character moments, and some new and alternate scare scenes. In addition, some existing scenes have had special effects redone or new music put in.
- Narm: "I'm not your fucking mommy!"
- Nightmare Retardant:
- Rachel and Aiden are attacked in their car by deer, who seem to sense Samara's presence in Aidan. What could have been a freaky scene is ruined due to lackluster effects.
- The face made by Samara's victims. It just looks incredibly goofy instead of scary.
- Sequelitis: The Ring Two wasn't as well-received as the first film.
- Special Effects Failure:
- The ghostly Samara that is made out of water near the climax looks like a very cheap Photoshop effect.
- The deer in Nightmare Retardant above.
YMMV / The Ring Two