- Hilarious in Hindsight: It can be funny seeing real-life husband and wife Tracy Letts and Carrie Coon acting alongside Sarah Paulson, Letts ex-girlfriend. Must have been a surreal day on set.
- Narm: Nixon is portrayed with real audio from his recorded conversations, while an actor with his back to the camera hammily acts them out in a manner very reminiscent of the portrayal of George Steinbrenner on Seinfeld.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped:
- Regarding freedom of the press, the importance of the truth, and the responsibility of standing up to official malfeasance. Those reviewing The Post tend to draw the obvious parallels between Richard Nixon and Donald Trump, although the film would arguably have been just as timely during the Obama administration and the controversy over government whistleblowers Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden.
- In addition, the equality of women is also stressed, and by the end, we see Kay Graham finally take control of her paper.
YMMV / The Post