- Acceptable Targets
- Homosexual men are a favorite target of this show. There's even an episode where a large group of gay men attempt to rape the main characters in the shower (the DVD Commentary insists that this is only because Queer People Are Funny and not meant to be deliberately inflammatory. Make of that what you will).
- Cherry Pie, meanwhile, is basically a walking transgender joke.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
- Nump's rapping going from providing exposition to talking about "grapes"note has nothing to do with the the rest of the Expository Theme Tune and only serves to set up an obscure reference to his one hit.
- The show itself seems to be entirely based around this trope note as it lacks any real focus or structure, resulting in the heavily bizarre and severely disjointed writing that viewers have come to expect.
- Bile Fascination: Thanks to it appearing on several "Worst Animated Cartoon" lists (like those by RebelTaxi and The Mysterious Mr. Enter), some people watch it just to see how awful it really is.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Cherry. She may be an exaggerated stereotype and just as much of a Jerkass as the rest of the cast, but she's happy with what she is, and delivers the best, snarkiest remarks.
- Chita, for having the only half-decent voice actor in the entire show.
- Tito Dick "Dickman" (Baby) for no other reason than having that name and a Gag Penis.
- Also, the white version of Jack in "Bomb China Part 2".
- Hype Backlash: Expected as of the result of the show's Memetic status, however much of it as to with the song than the show itself. Aside from trolls using the song as spam many are sick of the many fans trying REALLY hard to keep it as a meme despite having outgrown its welcome by now. There's also a part that believes that there never was a meme in the first place as its presence was only limited to videos talking about the show rather than spreading on social media. Also it hasn't helped that many detractors accuse the intro song has having stole the beat from the Genitallica song "Chiquitita" (See below).
- Memetic Molester: Tito Dick, thanks to SiIvaGunner.
- Memetic Mutation: Has its own page.
- Mondegreen: The lyrics to the rap portion of the intro are so heavily slurred that it's easy to understand why most people get them wrong:"Phil's from 'Frisco, Jack's from the P.I." -> "Phil's from the stone, Jack's from the pier."
"Horatio or Horat, so be it!" -> "Horatio or Horat's so big-eyed!" -> "Horatio or Horat so beer!" -> "Holy shit the whole gang's so beer!" -> "Holy shit Horat's a biatch!"
"Tito 'Dick' Dickman, baby! He raised Phil and loves the ladies!" -> "Tito 'Dick' Dickman, baby! He hates Phil and loves the ladies!"
"And the ripe Cherry Pie is still a virgin!" -> "Number one Cherry Pie, still a virgin!" -> And unlike Cherry Pie, still a virgin!"
- Horat was probably supposed to come off as this.
- Jack can appear this way, considering he's one of the only characters in the show that isn't butt-ugly.
- Nausea Fuel: The grotesque character designs and abundant reliance on grossout humor make this a very unpleasant show to watch at best.
- Praising Shows You Don't Watch: There's a great deal of people who love to spam the lyrics on comments.. yet haven't even watched a single episode of the show or heard the full song.
- The Scrappy: Phil and Horat in spades, mostly because of their obnoxious voices and toxic attitudes.
- So Bad, It's Good:
- The theme song, especially thanks to the Memetic Mutation, and mainly because of the strange but catchy beat and repetitive lyrics that consist of "It's the Nutshack" repeated over and over, with a random rapping solo in between.
- The alternative theme song for "TT Boy and Kid Utot" also counts, for similar reasons.
- The horrid animation simply looks disgusting at many times, especially when mixed with this show's abuse of Toilet Humour.
- The male chihuahua dog with the over-sized genitalia. The fact he can talk and stand up makes it even worse.
- The scene in episode 2 where Horatio gives Jack a drink by... pissing Jagermeister. This even turns into a plot point.
- Add to that, when Jack and Chita do try to get it on, Chita learns Jack has a third nipple. Cue Squick with a dose of Serial Escalation.
- And then the entire pornography shooting Phil goes through. When Phil realizes that Cherry Pie is the director of the actually bestiality and LGBT-oriented films, he has a mental breakdown (with Horat) when the shower scene is filled with speedo-clad bodybuilders dancing around him. Jack isn't too pleased either when he sees the film by accident on the hotel suite's television.
- The mere fact that most female characters in the show are drawn with Gag Boobs (usually coupled with notable Gainaxing) for Fanservice. Hell, even One-Scene Wonder characters aren't prone to this.
- Strawman Has a Point: Not a specific character, but the series itself. While it makes frequent homophobic gay jokes and keeps referring to Cherry Pie as a man, Bomb China pt. 2 makes a surprisingly progressive joke. A gay (cis) male is hit with a beam that "normalizes" him, turning him to a woman. He's immediately repulsed, unlike others who cheerfully carry on with their new whitebread-ized selves. Substantially more progressive shows have had issues differentiating between a cis gay male and a straight transwoman.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Mexican viewers have noticed a strong similarity to the 90's Rock song "Chiquitita" by Genitallica, especially the opening beat which sounds very similar to the memetic opening intro.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: More like "They Wasted a Perfectly Good Show". Those who got through the works of Jesse Hernandez and even the show's defunct YouTube Channel gave the idea that there was some potential for the series, especially with the animation demo reel. Granted, it wouldn't have been much but it still showed some decency for it.
- Uncanny Valley:
- The Woobie: Jack is definitely the nicest character in the show, and yet is constantly treated as The Chew Toy and a Butt-Monkey, as well as being very influenced negatively by Phil.
YMMV / The Nutshack