- Alternate Character Interpretation: The Grumps are convinced that the Great Elder is a Manipulative Bastard, tricking Chompy and Munchy into dismantling a coup against him by pretending his potential usurpers are space pirates. In the first few levels, the pirates actually do very little to hurt you, and The Great Elder is the same race as those he's painting as evil. Plus the whole "encouraging you to devour sentient beings" thing.
- Anticlimax Boss: While the game overall is quite easy, King Pumpkin comes off as a laughably easy final boss even by the standards of the game. He only has two, very easily dodged attacks, which are both basically the same as those of the first boss. He loses one of the attacks about halfway through the fight and has nothing to replace it, and two thirds into the fight he loses his remaining attack and can no longer hurt you at all.
- Awesome Music:
- The main boss theme. Of course, basically EVERY PIECE OF MUSIC COUNTS!
- The final boss theme is even more awesome.
- Moment of Awesome: At the end, when Don Onion is flying away, the Munchables attack and eat his ship
- Waggle: To jump.
YMMV / The Munchables