- Adaptation Displacement: The film is known much more widely than the novel, and character of Gleb Zheglov became much more charismatic personality than in the novel, particularly because Vladimir Vysotsky performed the role.
- Fountain of Memes: Gleb Zheglov:
- "Criminal is to be jailed!"
- "What a kisser you've got, Volodya! What a kisser!" (usually is said to someone with bruised or dirty face)
- "And now Hunchback. Huncback comes out, I've said!" (usually is said to someone who delays his coming out)
- "Charity is a priest-ish word."
- "It's not a consciousness, it's conscience you've lost!"
- Magnificent Bastard: Archvillain Fox, who pretended to be a war hero.
- One-Scene Wonder: Evgeni Evstigneev as Pen-Master (Ruchechnik).
YMMV / The Meeting Place Cannot Be Changed