- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Triton gets kidnapped by some poachers (who think he's a cop) in the middle of the movie, fights them, and runs off. As per the trope rule, they're of little use, and are never mentioned again.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In the first movie, Bennet (Manu Bennet) comments that Triton is "like the Terminator", cueing a glance from Rome (Robert Patrick). Manu Bennet would later play Slade/Deathstroke in Arrow, who is nicknamed "the Terminator".
- The first movie would not be the last time John Cena faced off against Robert Patrick.
- Les Yay: Angela and Cate.
- Narm: Rome stopping to take a call on his mobile phone, while being chased through the swamp by a police helicopter and John Cena. First, it's his boss betraying him. Then, his phone rings again', and this happens:TV Service rep: [on Rome's cell] You've been approved!Rome: Great! This include the premium channels and the sports package, right? (smiles into camera)
- So Bad, It's Good: The first movie has a pretty generic action plot and decent special effects. It could probably be considered So Okay, It's Average were it not for the hilarious acting of Cena and Robert Patrick (who is fully aware what kind of movie he is in and earns his pay) as the crime boss. The supporting cast is equally hilarious and the dialogue?
- Giant Mook (blows up a police car with a bazooka and is met with disbelieving stares from his comrades): What? Too much?
- Special mention goes out to the scene where the Big Bad threatens at gunpoint the hostage who's currently piloting the helicopter they're both sitting in hundreds of feet above the street. (note that the reason she's flying it, is because he doesn't know how)
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: John Cena takes the whole film dead seriously. Robert Patrick, on the other hand...
- WTH, Casting Agency?: It's not as bad as most, since The Miz still does a great job, but once you read What Could Have Been on the front page regarding Marine 3, it becomes fairly apparent Jake Carter was written with Randy Orton in mind, being much more in line with his stoic man of few words instead of Miz's charismatic wiseass. And Orton's casting is itself an example, as prior to signing for the WWE, Orton received a Bad Conduct Discharge under court marital from the United States Marine Corps.
YMMV / The Marine