- Crack Pairing: Arya and Joffrey is currently being considered as a match, with support from Cat and Robert. Edward however is adamant that the union only takes place if Arya falls in love. It helps that Joff seems to be a decent human being.
- Squick: Robb's reaction when he learns Valyrians would wed their own children if they have no opposite-sex sibling to marry.
- Tearjerker: When Torrhen Karstark is about to get trashed by Dacey Mormont, he dramatically asks his brother Eddard to take care of their sister Alys after his death. "Promise me, Ned". Ned Stark has to leave after that.
- When the mama direwolf gives birth to her litter, Jon first believes he won't have a pup of his own. Then he realizes there is another pup, the runt outright shunned by its mother. When she sees this, Catelyn outright breaks down.
- When Catelyn asks her uncle Brynden how her sister Lysa fares, Brynden glumly answers Lysa isn't Cat's sister or his niece anymore.
- Citizen Vaenyris - heavily implied to be Rhaegar Targaryen - breaking down over his mistakes and the great damage they caused.
- What an Idiot!: Robert and Ned outright consider Viserys stupid for marrying Daenerys, ruining his chances to conclude an alliance with her hand or his.
YMMV / The Many Sons Of Winter