- Awesome Music: The soundtrack consists almost entirely of Sweet Dreams Fuel thanks to composer Hans Zimmer along with the collaboration of famous French singer Camille, the latter of whom some may be familiar with thanks to Ratatouille. Special mention goes to "Turnaround", arguably the loveliest song in the entire soundtrack.
- Broken Base:
- Some are put off by the book basically only being backstory, with the movie's main plot taking place decades later and focusing on a Canon Foreigner.
- The third act of the film, which serves as a kind of sequel to the book. Some feel its tone doesn't fit with the original story, others think it's a fitting conclusion to the film proper.
- Funny Moments:
- Pretty much all of the Slap Stick that occurs to Mr. Prince, including tripping to the floor after slipping on a diagonal skylight and getting hit in the face with a soccer ball.
- Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome. Mr. Prince finally stands up to the Businessman by taking his ID and throwing it to the ground as a sign that he's quit. The Little Girl does the same to the Conceited Man's foot to free herself from him. And finally, the Toy Fox...in which nothing happens to the man whose foot he steps on since he's a small stuffed animal.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The 2-D and stop-motion animated sections, with their gorgeous fidelity to the source material.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: James Franco as the Fox raised a lot of eyebrows. Even better (worse?) because James Franco was also in Sausage Party, which also came out the same year.
YMMV / The Little Prince (2015)