- Ensemble Dark Horse: Icke and Rudy. These two tied for first place in a character poll held on Twitter prior to Dark Witch 2's release.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The unabashed Mega Man clone would eventually receive a character (Herbert) designed by Mega Man ZX's artist.
- In addition to the Street Fighter III-inspired parrying technique carried over from the first game (Blocking), Dark Witch 2 also borrows Ultra Combos from Street Fighter IV (Revenge Magic). In an interesting coincidence, Street Fighter V would later introduce Menat, a character who fights with a floating orb and has an alternate costume that makes her look like a mummy. Litty's long-lost Egyptian sister?
- That One Boss: In Lunatic Mode, Klinsy rapidly fires her fireballs either forward, curving upward, or curving downward. You are left at the mercy of the random generator as to what you'll encounter for each time she attacks, which can, and usually will, result in a series of at least FIVE OR SIX FIREBALLS fired strait at you, which you'll have to jump over in quick succession. Good luck with that.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Dark Witch 2 is often seen as the best game in the series, winning Inside System's 2018 and 2019 popularity poll, but there is a minority opinion that the game was too heavy-handed in attempting to correct the first Dark Witch's perceived questionable difficulty. Most notably, the level design is criticized for being overly flat with not enough meaningful platforming.
YMMV / The Legend of Dark Witch 2