- Angst? What Angst?: Despite pining for the jungle for so long, Mowgli does not even make so much as a passing mention of his wolf family. Come to think of it, they never even show up at all.
- Awesome Art: For all its flaws, this movie looks great. While the character animation never reaches the level of the original movie, the effects and use of color are a lot more vibrant and impressive, and the backgrounds reach Scenery Porn level. The jungle looks more lush and beautiful than ever before.
- Awesome Moments: Shere Khan throughout the film. He's more menacing and scary, which is one of the few things everybody considers the film to get right.
- Badass Decay: Baloo's clearly out of practice, to the point that Mowgli must remind him how to roar like a bear.
- Evil Is Cool: Every scene with Shere Khan in it is made a million times better due to massively raising the tension. It easily makes him the most memorable part of the film. Being reprised by Tony Jay certainly helps.
- Foe Yay: Kaa hypnotizing Shanti has definitely started some fetishes. That is, if his instances of hypnotizing Mowgli in the first movie didn't already.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: A recurring complaint is that the sequel more or less replays a lot of the same scenes and character exchanges as the first to the point of bordering on being a remake, especially considering there were plenty other elements of the novels' mythos or even just the original film that they could have expanded on.
- Just Here for Godzilla: A lot of people just watch the film for the scenes in the man village, which was never shown in detail in the original, and pretty much everything involving Shere Khan. The rest of the movie is so-so.
- One-Scene Wonder: Kaa is back to being a One-Scene Wonder again.
- Retroactive Recognition: Thanks to the voice acting choices, it's hard to unhear Mowgli as Sora, Shanti as Katara, Baloo as Sulley (bonus points for having a scene where he scares someone), Shere Khan as Frollo, etc.
- The Scrappy: Ranjan isn't well-liked, mainly due to tasting like diabetes. That being said, he did beat up a python.
- Sequelitis: The film is universally considered to be inferior to the original film, due in part to its story being a blatant, watered down rehash of the first and for undoing Mowgli's Character Development from the original.
- Tear Jerker: Mowgli giving Baloo a proper goodbye. As in, crying into his stomach.Mowgli: Come with me.Baloo: You know I can't do that...
- Villain Decay:
YMMV / The Jungle Book 2