- Awesome Music: The main title from the movie, composed by Randy Edelman
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: In the Movie, Omri puts a few other toys, including a T. Rex, Darth Vader, and RoboCop into the cupboard. Predictably, Hilarity Ensues when he opens it.
- Ho Yay: A scene where Boone and Little Bear are so terrified of a huge booming noise that they hold each other for dear life.
- Nightmare Fuel: In The Key to the Indian, Omri and co. have figured out how to send themselves back in time to make past toys flesh. Omri's father ends up in a faceless Iroquois doll for a few hours.
- At one point in time travel, Omri becomes a piece of fabric on an Indian tent, and when it catches on fire during a raid it begins burning him alive until his friends pull him back to the present.
- Tear Jerker: Any of the times Omri and Patrick have to say goodbye to their little friends, but the send-off at the end of the first book stands out especially. Also, the deaths of Boone's horse, Tommy the World War I medic, and Tom the thatcher. Even Jenny's death told in flashback wrenches at the heartstrings.
YMMV / The Indian in the Cupboard