- Die for Our Ship: Part of the backdraft over the boys being in the game at all (aside from very controversial business decisions coupled with their introduction into the franchise) was over the idea that a male presence besides the Player Character in a game full of cute girls would mean Token Romance is a possibility, and they'd rather not have that. When it came to the game itself there was very little romance in the main story, but that didn't stop people from hating the boys anyway.
- Game-Breaker - Several amulets. Awanko, Rinkamo and Nikuwan (for rate slow appeal rate decrease), Sugamo and Mushaharu (for high voltage gain) are the most used ones.
- Internet Backdraft: RGKM being Demoted to Extra and the subsequent implentation of male rivals (in addition to adding a male idol in Dearly Stars) didn't please anybody when it was first announced.
- Most Annoying Sound: This here loading screen.
- Pandering to the Base - The advertisements since the fans' massive tantrum over Ryuugukomachi and Jupiter had placed a lot of emphasis on the fact that the RGKM girls can still join your idol unit onstage for productions that need five girls; meanwhile, those divisive boys have dropped off the radar almost entirely.
- The Scrappy: Jupiter, especially in the beginning. After the disastrous 2010 conference, how rude the leader was to the girls, and because they were some of the few male idols in the franchise, dedicated fans truly hated Touma, Shouta, and Hokuto. Opinion on them started to lighten up over time, due to the anime and Side M expanding on their characters.
- Vindicated by History: Jupiter got most of its vitriol in the first few years of 2. However, it's largely died down as time went on; fans are fine with the songs and the challenge they brought into the game, and the A-1 adaptation fleshed them out to the point where they were even adored by fans.
YMMV / The iDOLM@STER 2