- Creepy Cute: The Minims, Cancel's minions. Even though they look like a cross between a mechanical spider and a skull, they aren't actively malicious towards the group, have soft, high-pitched voices, and seem childlike and curious. Even though Cancel orders them to attach a collar that stimulates drowning on Daniel, they hesitate. Abigail even befriends one of them.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Camilla Lloyd.
- Friendly Fandoms: With Chiasmata, the Geneverse even an Expy/alternate universe version of Seth called Satyrid in it, who, naturally is just as much of a jerk as the original. They even had eachothers webcomic as an April Fools!
- Foe Yay: During her first attempt to make Seth share the map, Camilla grabs his tie and pulls his face down close to hers. He points out what it looks like in his usual smug and condescending way and even encourages her to kiss him. She slaps him instead.
- Heartwarming Moments: The flashback showing how Daniel and Kate met, it ends with her giving him a You Are Better Than You Think You Are speech after witnessing him being bullied by his Mean Boss. The poor guy probably wasn't shown kindness like that often.
Camilla: It will be okay.
- As Heartwrenching as the scene where Cancel has a collar attached to Daniel designed to simulate drowning (something he has past trauma from) the reactions of some the other characters are pretty sweet. Especially Camilla of all people being one of the first to go comfort him when it's over.
Camilla: It's fine to cry.
- Love to Hate: Cancel, and the marginally less villainous but still unpleasant Seth are both pretty popular in part because of this.
- Moment of Awesome: Admit it, you cheered a little on the inside when Camilla slapped Seth too.
- The part where she prepares to pull a You Shall Not Pass! moment on Seth??? probably deserves a mention here as well.
- Oh, and X Dies: Here.
- The Woobie: Daniel certainly acts this way. He has a "deer in the headlights" appearance, is terrified of nearly everything in the facility (for good reason), an apparently unrequited crush on Kate, a nasty boss and a fear of drowningIf this individual were even conscious of you wanting to be him, he'd scream and cry and ask you why why why would you ever want to be ME?
YMMV / The Human Game