- Ending Fatigue: The rest of the girls are killed off pretty quickly, but there's still a good twenty more minutes of the killer chasing Katy around until the film actually does end.
- Narm: Morgan's rather funny delivery of "how do we know if she is alive?" There's also the part where the vans arrive at the house after Mrs Slater's death and Morgan runs off to stall them. By that we mean she casually jogs over as if she doesn't care that she's about to be caught with a dead woman in the garden.
- Retroactive Recognition: Eileen Davidson (Vicki) is also best known for her roles on soap operas Days of Our Lives and The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Shocking Swerve: Eric actually does exist, and he was the killer all along.
- Strawman Has a Point: Really, Mrs. Slater wasn't exactly a good house mother, refusing to pay to have the pool cleaned (despite it being overrun with algae), closing the house before the week was over and actually barging into Vicky's room and attacking her with her cane. One can hardly blame Vicky for feeling a little annoyed at the whole situation.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: With a cast of mostly females, this one had a lot of promise to be different than most slasher films. But too many of them get killed off quickly before the audience has a chance to get to know them.
YMMV / The House on Sorority Row