- Earworm: Possibly "Pif Paf Pof" but definitely the theme song.
- Fair for Its Day: While viewers today might consider Sebastian Flight yet another example of an Ambiguously Gay sitcom character with no actual personal lifenote nowadays, with even shows like Torchwood seemingly unable restrain themselves from making gay jokes, it is actually quite nice to see a queer guy and a straight guy be best friends without descending into Queer People Are Funny.
- Genius Bonus: With this reference to the Cambridge Five:Shona: Can I be blunt?Sebastian: If I can be Philby...Steve: ...and I can be Burgess.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Captain Hilary Duff.
- The pensioner's holiday club in Feart goes by the name of "Ga Ga Tours".
- Scooch's 2007 real life Eurovision entry "Flying The Flag" comes across as a sort of Defictionalization of "Pif Paf Pof"... which makes "Pif Paf Pof" itself all the funnier.
- Fridge Logic: If the crew room was where the view from the window suggested it was, it would have to have been sitting on top of the railway line across the road from the airport.
YMMV / The High Life