- Critical Research Failure:
- Quite possibly when in regards to Alleria Windrunner. Since Oscar had little exposure to Warcraft, all he had for information on Alleria was her appearance in Defense of the Ancients, one that would become Windranger. He came to believe that Alleria was a master of wind magic when in truth she's purely an archer (Dota was using a liberal interpretation), to the point that he put Alleria pretty high on the Aeromancers and made a fun WMG that she and Windranger were the same person, while missing that one vital piece of difference. Whoops...
- Alleria also made it pretty high in his Archers list, though he still remarks on her wind magic there. However, that one can be more excused because the list was about archers, not wind.
- In his list for Worst Zelda Bosses, he mentions that Moldarach (who didn't make it onto the list, but was mentioned) doesn't use its tail in battle. However, Moldarach does have several sweeping attacks with its tail, and pokes its tail out of the sand to attack Link. Though it's entirely possible to beat Moldarach without it performing either of these attacks, so the chance might be because Oscar defeated Moldarach quickly enough.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- His worst Fire Emblem characters video placed Corrin only at Dishonorable Mentions because he hasn't immersed himself with the game. Had the countdown being made latter, Corrin would've dethroned Gangrel from the top spot and Oscar wouldn't even bother with Tsundere feelings like he did with Gangrel and his confession.
- The moment in his and Josh Scorchers Top 12 Siblings in Video Games crossover, where he goes into full Big Brother Instinct mode at the thought of his younger sister being in danger, becomes this after her death in June 2020.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- While covering Kratos' entry in his Top Ten Video Game Berserkers countdown, Oscar remembers that the then-upcoming God Of War 2018 would take place in a Nordic setting and theorizes that the now-calmer Kratos would end up clashing with gods from Norse Mythology like Thor, Odin, or Baldur. Surely enough, Baldur does, indeed, turn out to be the game's Big Bad.
- During Spyro's entry in Top Ten Dragons, Oscar mentions that Activision should make another Spyro game so that Skylanders fans could gave them a try. Cue the Spyro Reignited Trilogy being announced, which, while not a new game, still brought in a Newbie Boom.
- Tear Jerker: The untimely and heartbreaking loss of his younger sister in June 2020
YMMV / The Green Scorpion