The Ghost Writer
- Fridge Brilliance: He is a ghost, which is why we never got to know his name.
- Also the reasons why Ruth didn't want to be included in the book.
- Fridge Logic: They could have avoided the danger of the writer stumbling onto things, simply by hiring a CIA-friendly author instead.
- One-Scene Wonder: Lovable old Eli Wallach as an unnamed old man the ghost writer questions.
- Strawman Has a Point: Adam Lang's defence of the war on terror after the ghost confronts him with the evidence he's found.