- Anvilicious: The title alone makes the aesop crystal clear.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Dottie Dog appears to be the most popular member of the gang. Also the members who did not travel over from the pilot.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Montgomery is voiced by Sparky Marcus, who was previously the voice of Richie Rich.
- Dotty is voiced by Bettina (under her full name of Bettina Bush), who was previously the voice of Lucy Little, and voiced Rainbow Brite the same year. She would later go on to voice Megan in My Little Pony 'n Friends.
- Bingo is voiced by Scott Menville, who would later go on to be the voice of Ma-Ti and Robin.
- Mr. Hoofnagel and Officer Growler are both voiced by Don Messick, who is perhaps better known for the many roles he played on many of Hanna-Barbera's productions. Transformers fans will know him as the voice of the original Ratchet, which he was also voicing at the time.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Just look at them. Look.
- The pilot episode by Nelvana managed to greatly fix up the dull character designs. Sadly, the series by DiC stuck to the greeting card artwork.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Bingo in "The Get Along Gang Minus One". He learns that his family is moving but his friends don't believe him, thinking he's just lying to gain sympathy. Then they find out he's telling the truth but get mad again when they discover that the Beavers were just moving to a different house in town, thinking that Bingo purposely omitted that detail. Except Bingo never knew he was moving at all, let alone that he wouldn't be leaving town.
YMMV / The Get Along Gang