- Critical Dissonance: On Google, 95% liked the film... The critics? 44/100 on Metacritic and... 28% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Fridge Brilliance: Why does Joe like Elvis Presley? He's a king, just like he is.
- Also, try saying Joe Kingman's name five times fast, and what does it sound like? Joking Man. Might be unintentional, but definitely fits with his personality.
- Harsher in Hindsight: At one point in the movie, Joe and Peyton are arguing, and Peyton exclaims that she wants her mom. We later learn that her mom died six months ago, so that alone makes the line all the more heartwrenching.
- Moe: Honestly, Peyton is so adorable in this film that it borders on Tastes Like Diabetes. Then again, it's Disney, so does it really make a difference?
- Tear Jerker: The first father-daughter fight between Joe and Peyton is hard to watch, especially given what happens later in the film.
- When Peyton suffers a near-fatal allergic reaction to nuts, just after she had an argument with her dad where he found out that no one knew she had come to see him.
- The reveal that Peyton's caregiver is really her aunt Karen, who isn't dead after all, and that her mother died in a car accident six months prior to the events of the film. The news is enough to make Joe tear up.
- After Peyton is taken from him, Joe sits alone in her empty room, trying to call her cell phone and only getting a voicemail.
YMMV / The Game Plan