- Accidental Innuendo: A lot. Though, there hasn't been much in recent chapters.
- More incidental than anything.
- This scene from chapter 95:
Hamuko:"I always do!"
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: It's pretty hard to care about Minato and Hamuko due to their behavior and treatment of each other, but the near rape attempts on each other not only weaken their already flip-floppy relationship, but actively turn several members of SEES against Minato.
- Fridge Brilliance: Hamuko's nature as Minato's Shadow. It's confirmed that she works on Persona 4 Persona 4 mechanics. How was she first introduced? As someone very different from what Minato was initially like but also similar to how he eventually turned out.
- Fridge Horror: After Hamuko talking about her thoughts of suicide and how she would go to the bridge and think about jumping, makes you think about all the times she wasn't on screen.
- Funny Moments: Minato doing Tanaka`s commercial.
Yukari, expert on sharp frowns! She stabbed Ryoji multiple times trying to prove looks can kill.
- the reaction of the girls when they meet the guys the day after the hotsprings,
Mitsuru, master of acquiescent askance glances! Looked down so hard on Akihiko that his soul was crushed beyond repair.
Fuuka, doctor on pitiful looks! She stared at Junpei like he was a puppy killer. His heart was broken from three different angles!Hamuko, seductress from hell! Too much trauma the previous night led to horrible dark circles which crept the shit out of everyone.Aigis probably knew Minato was there too, but she said nothing. She was on Ignore Mode.
- Heartwarming Moments: Minato finally apologizing to Yuko.
- Hamuko and Minato's talk in chapter 92. Mainly starting from where Hamuko says how she thought of jumping off the bridge to Hamuko saying "my love" and Minato saying "my life".
- Hilarious in Hindsight: the cryptic dream in chapter 26, as stated by the author at the end of the chapter in the author notes.
- Minato thinks that Hamuko has now innocent intentions for Tanabata, and only wants to sleep with him. He later finds out she DID have innocent intentions.
- One name: Narcissus. considering Hamuko is a part of him. It's funny Foreshadowing too!
- Harsher in Hindsight: Hamuko/Miki died on the bridge in 1999. Then she confesses 10 years later how she has thoughts of jumping of said bridge.
- Minato wondering where Hamuko was during the afternoon in chapter 28. Could she have been at the bridge thinking about suicide? Was she really at the arcade the whole time?
- Hamuko saying "I would get mad if you fell for a shadow again.", what is Hamuko again? I guess Ryoji would count as well.
- It Was His Sled: Whenever Minato or Hamuko have to explain why they know something no one else knows, they say it was a "special persona".
- Mind Screw: The twist in this fic.....
- The Reveal of Hamuko being Minato's shadow.
- THE LAST FREAKING 4 CHAPTERS! YOUR BRAIN WILL BE MUSH!
- Moral Event Horizon: Every time the second Fool's Social Link goes reverse. Especially with the second rape attempt and Minato trying really hard for the Link not to reverse or break.
- Moment of Awesome: Minato and Hamuko using and abusing of the wild card in their battle against the Hanged Man.
- Never Live It Down: Hamuko being a slut.
- On a more serious note, Minato and the Shirakawa incident.
- Nightmare Fuel: Minato and Hamuko "feeding off" each other in chapter 72. Also doubles as Squick.
- Shipping: Due to the social links, every possible pairing is in the story, plus an extra couple consisting of the two protagonists.
- Shipping Bed Death: A number of readers believe that the fic has become increasingly boring due to the cyclic nature of Minato and Hamuko's relationship.
- Suicide as Comedy: Played for laughs in chapter 87.Minato: "Student suicide rate was suddenly multiplied per two."
- Squick: Akihiko has to exert effort so as not to throw up after witnessing Hamuko and Minato have a lusty cannibalistic display after killing, but not before being torn up by, The Reaper.
- Tear Jerker: Hamuko telling Minato about her thoughts of suicide in chapter 92.
- Hamuko's past, whether it's her finding out that she's Miki or we hear a tidbit of how her life has sucked, it's amazing how the Genki Girl can get real depressing real fast.
- The Woobie: Minato and Hamuko. Minato has his moments, but you'll find yourself wanting to hug Hamuko on more than one occasion.
YMMV / The Fools' Tournament