- Author's Saving Throw:
- After two seasons of doom and gloom in Central City, this episode is quite easily the funniest in the series in a long while, and possibly a harbinger of the return of the Lighter and Softer Flash that has been sorely missed since the first season, and hinted at during the last two episodes, is back and here to stay.
- Cisco mentions he hasnt removed all the gadgets from Barrys suit, leaving the door open for some more awesome upgrades to manifest in the future.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The beginning of the episode has a potshot against Sarasota, Florida; this also happens to be from where fellow Arrowverse actor Jes Macallan hails, who debuted only a couple weeks before this episode aired.
- Jerkass Woobie: Sure, Harry is as much of a Jerkass as ever, but you still feel for him after he reveals that his daughter basically wants nothing more to do with him.
- Rooting for the Empire: Given how Becky's life sucked and how she's not really evil, it's easy to root for her; the only thing she did wrong in this episode was to rob a bank (since she really can't turn her power off) - you really can't blame her for telling Barry it's time everyone else experience a bit of bad luck after how sucky her life was until her good luck started causing a airplane to possibly crash into the city and killing hundreds because she doesn't want to shut her powers off.
- Win Back the Crowd: All those worried about when a new Wells would appear, and if it would be another in the vein of H.R. had their doubts put to rest. Harry is back, and this time hes sticking around.
- The Woobie: No one should be allowed to have a string of bad luck like Becky had. The numerous misfortunes in her flashback, which happens to include the new accident that gave her superpowers are just the latest in a miserable life.
YMMV / The Flash 2014 S 4 E 3 Luck Be A Lady