- Fridge Horror:
- In this new timeline, Sara Diggle is Ret Gone and John Diggle, Jr. takes her place. The Legends of Tomorrow episode where they traveled to 2046 and saw "Little John" (or as he prefers, Connor) is established as a potential timeline. Could this mean that this is that timeline and Grant Wilson will eventually wreck havoc to Star City a few decades from now?
- Barry has yet again screwed the Ramon brothers unintentionally. The first time was when he negated their reconciliation after traveling to mid-Season 1 a few episodes before that happened, which already causes Hartley to pull a HeelFace Turn. Speaking of Hartley, what if his HeelFace Turn and reconciliation with his parents are also negated?
- Cisco says that the new timeline Flash refused to go back and save Dante because it was dangerous, but it was this time travel adventure that taught Barry that time travel won't fix your mistakes and problems. So what happened to new timeline Barry to teach him this that the Flash no longer remembers? Could also be considered Fridge Logic.
- Fridge Logic:
- Cisco is completely unaware of the original and Flashpoint timelines, despite visions of alternate times being a central part of his powers.
- Then again, he seems to have no memory of the original timeline during last year's crossover, nor does he remember what happened before the timeline was changed in "Flash Back" - or, in fact, anything that happened "before" Eobard killed Nora Allen in the first place. In fact, his death in "Out of Time" is the only event from another timeline that he actually does remember, likely because it has strong personal emotions associated with it, whereas this isn't the case for Flashpoint, Flash Back, or Season's 2's crossover event.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Edward Clariss/The Rival is apparently killed off like in the previous episode/timeline.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: A lot of people were hoping to see Barry and Iris date while Iris was estranged from her father.
YMMV / The Flash 2014 S 3 E 2 Paradox