- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: About seven per episode. Well, pretty much the whole series is composed of one BLAM after another.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Lampshaded by Hannibal, usually.
- Ear Worm: The show's iconic "we'll be right back" jingle. It's pretty hard to forget once you've heard it a few times.
- "Time to deliver a pizza ball!" Especially since it's repeated about 10 times in 1 minute.
- "Jillian Barberie! Jillian Barberie! Jillian Barberie!"
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Kraft Punk, full stop. Russell Brand and Eric's "Ranch Guy" persona are also quite popular.
- Epileptic Trees: Eric Andre is in Hell, the show is his punishment, and Hannibal is the demon presiding over it. And the openings where Eric destroys the set is his vain attempts to stop his Hell from starting.
- Fountain of Memes: Both Eric and Hannibal. Damn near every word that either of them says has become a meme at some point.
- Friendly Fandoms: With Pop Team Epic due to both shows sharing a similar style of bizarre, surreal humor. Given how the anime adaptation of Pop Team Epic, among other things, features a constantly changing voice cast, it's not uncommon to find Eric Andre Show fans who'd kill to hear Eric & Hannibal voice Popuko & Pipimi in one of the Funimation dub's episodes.
- Genius Bonus: During the Jennette McCurdy interview, Eric mentions that she dated Eazy-E, Magic Johnson, and Freddy Mercury. Well-read viewers will remember that all three of them suffered (and Eazy-E and Freddy died ) from bouts of HIV/AIDS.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Hannibal saying "Why are you booing me, I'm right!" has made for a handy reaction pic for unpopular opinions. Ironically, the context was him stating an incredibly obvious fact and getting sincerely confused at the negative reaction.
- In a similar vein is a new reaction image made from Eric Andre asking "Why would you say something so controversial, yet so brave?"
- Similarly, there's "I don't trust like that", which is a negative variant for unpopular opinions. It's also used in response to any occurrence of the Totem Pole Trench trope, as it was first uttered by a car dealership owner when Eric walked in exhibiting the trope.
- "Cheers, bro, I'll drink to that."
- [Things] is the same. Explanation
- "What if it was purple?", used in memes to point out similarities between two things if one of them is purple.
- "We'll be right back." Explanation
- "Investigate 311!"
- Everything about "Ranch It Up", but especially the Pizza Ball skit.
- "Wack." Explanation
- BIRD UP! dundunDunDunDUN!
- "Lindsay Lohan's in the news!" and by some extent, "EVERYTHING IS IN THE NEWS!!!"
- WORDS, WORDS, WORDS, WORDS, WORDS, WORDS, PUNCHLINE!
- "You did it! You broke comedy down to its bare essentials!"
- "Who killed Hannibal?"Explanation
- "Haha, this sucks man."Explanation
- "Hey, Questlove's in the house!"
- "Questlove, you're not in the house. You're nowhere."
- "THIS IS THE FACE OF A HAPPY PERSON!"
- "Hey, hey Eric look at me...bitch."
- "Let me in. LET ME IIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!" Explanation
- "You're not Martin Luther King! You're NOT!" Explanation
- "You can't spell American Dream without Eric Andre."
- Nausea Fuel: In abundance.
Hannibal: There's no real use for that in life!
- Eric getting plastic surgery, including "poop implants" (replacing his nipples with poop), which causes him to look like a freakish ghoul. Made worse when he tears his face off at the end of the skit.
Hannibal: What the hell is wrong with you?!
- The entire "Season Pee" routine in the Season 3 premiere, culminating in two creepy men in bondage gear coming out and pouring urine on Eric as he asks them "Are you my father?"
Hannibal: Ugh, no, seriously man...
- Eric claiming to have met Hannibal's mom, only to then pull his pants down and reveal a picture of a black woman apparently pasted over his genitals.
- Nightmare Fuel: The surreal nature of the show lends itself to some surprisingly eerie and unpleasant moments.
My body is now your communion. Eat from me. Drink from me.
- For example, the eighth episode of the second season has an extended Twin Peaks-esque sequence where Eric gazes vacantly into the camera while repeatedly mumbling "Hey, Hannibal. Did you hear about this?"
- Savion Glover and Joe Biden.
- Much of poor Jack McBrayer's interview. Especially that...sound the drummer makes at one point.
- Season 3 had Eric repeatedly suffer Body Horror. It's disturbing as it sounds.
- The Froot Loops skit is equal parts hilarious and horrifying, complimented by unsettling ambient music playing at the beginning and end.
- Special Effect Failure: During Eric's interview with a grizzly bear, there's an incredibly brief shot where the bear's face disappears in a mask, revealing that the scene is actually composited together and that the bear and Eric are in separate shots. Many claim that if that single bit had been edited out, the immersion would have stayed.
- Spiritual Successor: To Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, The Tom Green Show, Vic Reeves Big Night Out, or Space Ghost Coast to Coast.
- Squick: All over the place. Special mention goes to Eric's "poop implants" in one episode.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Many people weren't happy when they found out the second season and beyond would be shot in HD, rather than the old VHS-look the first season had.
- Uncanny Valley: will.i.am is a weird mixture of robotic and human movement. See for yourself
- For that matter, Robot Hannibal certainly counts too.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?:
- Apparently averted. According to some sources, at least one of the guests had allegedly been given Salvia to smoke before appearing and cast members doing acid before going on is apparently fairly regular.
- Played straight with Tyler, the Creator, who refused the weed and acid they offered him backstage. Doesn't make his antics during the show any less weirder.
- Win Back the Crowd: For live-action Adult Swim programming in general.
YMMV / The Eric Andre Show