- Cargo Ship: Mark dates a Ventriloquist in the episode "Yummy Dummy" Guess what happens.
- VJ with a golf-putting device in the episode "Wind Tunnel"
- Hollywood Homely: Characters act like Mark's boss is some hideous beast sometimes, but she's actually depicted as a rather attractive older woman. It's her personality that is more loathsome (not to mention her fetishes...).
- Overshadowed by Controversy: If the series is known for anything, it's probably the accusations it has gotten of supposedly being a ripoff of Least I Could Do.
- Squick: Sam has some sick fetishes, involving getting turned on by "A dead body... in an oil drum... full of lye!"
YMMV / The Dating Guy