- Foe Yay: Meisei seems to have developed a crush on Aito... either that or he's really starved for friendship.
- After Chapter 112 shows that he's the most suitable candidate for Ichika, it's safe to say that Meisei may be a prime candidate of this.
- Ho Yay: Aito and Aoi. Meisei too, as noted above.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: A common complaint about the sequel that it was too identical to the first manga. The fact that Aito still takes center stage when the story was intended to focus on Ashisu and her assistant probably didn't help much.
- Villain Decay: Meisei goes through this pretty rapidly. He starts out wanting to get rid of Aito and destroy his career, degenerates fairly quickly into just being The Rival and wanting to make Aito jealous of him, shifts to wanting Aito and the others to hang out with him but on his terms, and finally without even noticing it seems to have actually become Vitriolic Best Buds with him.
YMMV / The Comic Artist and His Assistants