- Awesome Music: Thanks to Angelo Badalamenti.
- Fridge Logic: Why did they need a map of the minefield when the mines are incredibly easy to spot and avoid?
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The opening scene with all the Santa Clauses.
- Krank is this, literally, to the kidnapped children.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: A videogame based on the film was released in 1997, but it was suffering minor setbacks in both the PlayStation and PC versions, with mixed reviews.
- Psychotic Love Triangle: The professor created Martha to be a wife. By the time Krank turns against him, she is loyal to his other creation (making this a case of an attempted Murder the Hypotenuse) which may have contributed to their eventual betrayal. Once their maker is gone, they are together, making this possibly the strangest Love Triangle to appear on film.
- The Woobie:
- Krank to some.
- One also counts too considering all the abuse he puts up with in the film.
YMMV / The City of Lost Children