- Archive Panic: Listening to all of their main albums is an easy task, but good luck tracking down all their collaborations, EPs, demos, and splits.
- Awesome Music: Lots of it. Most fans would nominate All the Waters of the Earth Turn to Blood, One Day You Will Ache Like I Ache, and their collaborations with Thou.
- Growing the Beard: All the Waters... is where the band really established their signature experimental sound.
- Nightmare Fuel: Almost everything they've ever recorded, due to Chip King's disturbing vocals, their jarring, disorienting sound, and the general atmosphere of misery and hatred that pervades their music.
- Signature Song: "A Curse" and "Empty Hearth", for being disturbing as hell and summing up what the band is all about.
- Tear Jerker: "A Body", "The Fall and the Guilt", and "Fleshworks", all of which are made sadder by the beautiful contrast between the female vocals and the band's normal sound.
- "Nothing Stirs", dear god "Nothing Stirs". Can also be borderline Nightmare Fuel too near the end.
YMMV / The Body