- Awesome Music: The main theme of the miniseries, composed by Hans Zimmer.
- Broken Base: It is about The Bible after all. Three examples of points of contention surrounding this are the Race Lift's, the difference between the Bible's depiction of events and the show's and whether it's acceptable to portray prophets as they are sacred.
- Critical Dissonance: The series was a surprise hit for The History Channel in terms of viewership, pulling in record numbers in the United States, but critics mostly slammed it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Just two years later, Diogo Morgado played Satan (or "The Man") in The Messengers.
- It's Short, So It Sucks!: General consensus is the Bible was just too big for a miniseries, even at 13 parts.
- Memetic Mutation: The Twitter hashtag #HotJesus.
- The angels escorting Lot's family being depicted as armored warriors who mow down attackers with Dual Wielding in slow-motion (even though in the previous scene they blinded the attackers just as in the Bible itself).
- The Pharaoh and other characters being such Large Hams, especially compared to other portrayals through the years.
- "Previously on The Bible..."
- Unfortunate Implications: It was noticed that the series' depiction of Satan looks like Barack Obama. So he was cut from the Compilation Movie Son of God.
YMMV / The Bible (2013)