- Cliché Storm: When Michael gets up to go to the bathroom, you're expecting a single cliché of either a Jump Scare or blood from the taps. Both tropes occur at the same time, followed immediately by the wind opening and closing the house's shutters rapidly. All of this occurs within twenty seconds.
- Narm: Ryan Reynolds' attempt at a Big "SHUT UP!". Unfortunately, it sounds like he suddenly felt bad for screaming at kids and toned it down in the middle of it: "SSSSHHUT UP!"
- Hell, his entire performance when hes possessed. Especially with the lines given to him (Wacko family!), it nearly crosses to Narm Charm territory.
- The ending: Jodie gets somehow dragged down to hell for no reason at all.
- Retroactive Recognition: The Lutzes' daughter is Chloe Grace Moretz.
YMMV / The Amityville Horror (2005)