- Narm: The inopportune times that the characters choose to drop a beat, 1980's style. For example, when a bunch of evil soldiers arrest the main characters ("YOOOOOOU'RE UN-DER ARREST!"), or when the farmers sing about Ollie, who has just been horrifically attacked by jackals and needs immediate medical attention, is their hero, or Ollie dropping some bars to a bratty kid about how he should be following the word of the Lord and not thieving, and so on.
- Tear Jerker: Ollie falls into a depression when Jesus gets crucified.
- Uncanny Valley: The art and animation feels very gross to look at — the models are designed in a cartoon-y artstyle, but the art on the models is supposed to be realistic.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?:
- The show doesn't shy away from showing kids not only being enslaved, but bending over and getting whipped by the bad guys.
- Ollie being visibly bloodied when he gets attacked by the pack of jackals, then suffering from PTSD and depression weeks later.
YMMV / The Adventures Of Donkey Ollie