- I Am Not Shazam: A historically significant aversion. Due to the copyright and trademark issues between Marvel and DC, the term "Captain Marvel" can't be used by DC in the title of any of its publications or merchandise. Because the serial predates that conflict (and the earlier settlement between Fawcett and DC), its VHS and DVD covers are one of the few places where you can find the Fawcett/DC Captain Marvel called by his name on the box art.
- Visual Effects of Awesome:
- The flying effects were top of the line for the day, and through a combination of wirework, dummies gliding on cables and stuntmen doing cleverly edited acrobatics, it created a visually impressive "flying man" effect for the audience at the time.
- One especially impressive scene has the Scorpion melting a cave entrance to seal Captain Marvel in a death trap that was achieved by actually melting the film stock to make it appear like solid rock was being transformed into lava.
- Frank Coghlan Jr (who played Billy Batson) recalled the Transformation Sequence saying "Every time we did that, they ignited flash powder, which was in a trough in front of me, and if the wind was unkind, I'd get the powder flash in my face and lose some eyebrows."
YMMV / The Adventures of Captain Marvel