- Anti-Climax Boss: For all the deaths he instigated, Lamar goes down in seconds. Justified as he's a Non-Action Guy.
- Despite being the opposite of a Non-Action Guy, after beating up Wolff quite seriously, the moment Braxton instigates his brother enough to force him into action, Wolff blocks three attempted punches then easily takes Braxton down to point a gun in his face.
- Awesome Music: Mark Isham's score is actually quite good.
- Captain Obvious Reveal: The fact that Braxton (the merc boss) is Wolff's brother is almost painfully obvious from his second appearance onwards. Any audience reaction to it essentially boils down to "I knew it!".
- Critical Dissonance: Has a 51% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 51 on Metacritic, with audiences responding to it much more favorably. It grossed a respectable $155 million at the box office for a budget of $44 million and has a CinemaScore rating of "A" (on a scale from "F" at the worst to "A+" at the best) from audiences and a solid 7.4/10 on IMDB.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Dana. See Just Here for Godzilla below.
- Just Here for Godzilla:
- Memetic Mutation:
- Upon the teaser's release, many have taken to calling the film a spiritual Batman movie due to Ben Affleck and J. K. Simmons' suspiciously similar roles (Ray King fitting The Commissioner Gordon trope almost to a T) to those in the DC Extended Universe. The trailer was even edited to include Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice footage to address how much the tone of the film fits.
- You could also call this Batman vs The Punisher.
- A few people online half-jokingly called it◊ Ben Affleck playing The Angry Video Game Nerd due to Affleck's similar appearance to James Rolfe when playing the Nerd. There's even a joke in the movie about Wolff having a pocket protector, which is mentioned in one of the lyrics of the AVGN theme song ("He's got a pocket pouch, and a filthy mouth...")
- Moral Event Horizon: As bad as some of the previous things Lamar did, ordering a successful hit on his own sister, who apparently wasn't in on his scheming really crosses the pale.
YMMV / The Accountant