- Awesome Music: How could it not be said? Three appropriate songs from a certain video game franchise were played IN ONE EPISODE. The opening theme also would appear to qualify (see Dancing Theme).
- Bizarro Episode: Lampshaded / discussed in (nearly) the exact same manner The Nostalgia Chick defined a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment at the end of the "Remote Island Syndrome" episodes (ep. 10). Ironically, the episode in question does not qualify as a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: the characters introduced later reappear in the novels, and thus it fails the "is never mentioned again" criterion, and even the anime has other episodes such as "Mysterique Sign" that are even more surreal, thus it fails the "is strange even in context" criterion.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Yuki. She even won a TAC Award over Yami Marik.
- Kyon: Best New Abridged Character, my ass.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The "parody" of "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00" consists simply of Kyon calling the episode "shit," and promptly moving on to "Live a Live."
- Woolseyism: In episode 7, there's a very funny and interesting play on the original dub (yet it was also in the show's Japanese audio). In the original, Haruhi blames the SOS logo corruption on "..hackers or crackers!". In the abridging, Haruhi starts with "It must be hackers," while Yuki finishes with "... Or crackas."
YMMV / The Abridging of Haruhi Suzumiya