- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Daisy is presented as a Butt-Monkey who Peach doesn't consider a "real princess". As a result, she is constantly bullied by Peach. Daisy's personality is also much more toned down than usual, with instead Peach being the loud and excitable character.
- Peach is a self-centered, hyperactive overgrown child who bullies Daisy.
- Critical Research Failure: Despite common belief amongst Super Mario Bros. fans, Rosalina is not royalty. She is just "Rosalina".
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Part 2" started on the third week of June 2018, the same week as when Daisy was revealed as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Since the author announced "Part 2" two months ago, and was teased that it would center on Daisy being left out (due to her exclusions in certain games that only featured Peach and Rosalina as playable characters).
- Memetic Mutation: The "SLEEPOVER!" panel from the fifth page is quite popular.
- Ron the Death Eater: Peach is depicted in an unflattering manner. It eventually gets to the point where she get so jealous of Daisy being popular that she's willing to break into Star Haven and beat up Rosalina for the Star Rod, just to wish Daisy's popularity undone.
- Villain Has a Point: Two-for-one in Part 3:
- Despite committing a hostile takeover of the Mushroom Kingdom, it's hard to blame the Retro Universe residents for wanting to be part of a society that grows and evolves instead of being condemned a world that's doomed to remain static and forgotten.
- 8-Bit Daisy calls out Modern Daisy on the fact that she never really cared about her retro counterpart's plight...which is more or less true. As seen in Part 2, Daisy didn't even remember that her retro counterpart existed until she wished to recapture her glory days and only connected with 8-Bit Daisy because 8-Bit Daisy had the power to make that happen. Not to mention that before that, when Daisy's wish reaches Star Hill, the Eldstar admits that it's a selfish wish and only allows it to be granted out of pity for Daisy.
YMMV / The 3 Little Princesses