- Game-Breaking Bug: Or Good Bad Bugs, depending on your sense of humor. Randomly, this happens whenever the PC version of the game is turned on. Mercifully, its a simple enough fix: reboot the game.
- For the curious, Tembo becomes a flying elephant. His jumps can launch him into the stratosphere as well as get him killed by moving too fast for the level to load and fall into a out of bounds pit or falling back down to Earth makes the game think he fell down a pit or clip through the earth and fall down a pit. He can also can get stuck against ceilings or in the skybox, the latter making him visible only when pausing the game. If he gets into a building, his jumps can make him a teleporter.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A 2-D Platformer made by the creators of Pokémon and Sonic the Hedgehog? Could it be a Sonichu game?! Wait, no... No, it isn't. Not even close.
- Porting Disaster: Initially, the PC version was a disaster. There's apparently no resolution options beyond 1080p, it apparently doesn't default to your chosen resolution if it's not 720p, there are reports of spotty controller support, it won't even run if you don't correct the typo in the install folder (it installs as Trumbo, both the folder and executable), and the full game was accidentally replaced by the demo. It's since been fixed though.
- Spiritual Licensee: It can be considered (ironically, given the protagonist) a pretty good Sonic the Hedgehog game.
- Spiritual Successor:
YMMV / Tembo the Badass Elephant