- Critical Research Failure: The recapper of America's Next Top Model made a snarky quip about popular cycle three contestant Toccara Jones, who was also featured on Celebrity Fit Club, not mentioning her time on the latter show during her appearance in the cycle five "Where Are They Now?" episode, as to imply that she was ashamed of it. Well, turns out, she did mention being on the show (and the cameras even caught up with her working out at a gym), but it was during her appearance in the cycle four follow up episode...which apparently did not air in the recapper's home country of Canada (and surely enough, she didn't have a recap for.)
- Development Hell: Tribune announced plans to revive the site in 2017, but then they scrapped a whole bunch of staff and it didn't happen.
- Funny Moments: Shack, who recapped Firefly, got to the part in "Objects In Space" where Simon wakes up and fights Early, and proceeded to throw the adjective "shirtlessly" into every line possible until Simon actually put a shirt on.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
"First Zod falls in love with Lana, now Bizarro? Is Brainiac next? Hey, I have an awesome idea, Al and Miles. Let's introduce Doomsday, but instead of being evil, he falls in love with Lana! I'm a fucking genius! I just wrote Season 8!"
- This rant becomes funny when Davis, host of Doomsday, falls for Chloe instead:
- Similarly, Sara M. of the House recaps makes a sarcastic prediction for the finale which actually applies freakishly well to the real finale.
- A Gilmore Girls recap contained a reference to an "Unamed Jared Padalecki Project" (Supernatural, natch) and predicted it would be canceled quickly. Nine seasons later...
- Early Charmed recapper Owen made a snarky joke in a season 2 recap about the backstage rivalry between the main actresses, suggesting that Rose McGowan could play a long-lost fourth sister if one of them ever needed to be killed off. By the end of Season 3, tensions had gotten bad enough that Shannen Doherty was fired, and replaced with...Rose McGowan. Made it into the site's FAQ page for Charmed, with the acknowledgement that it was almost spookily accurate.
- Another Charmed one: before The Reveal, Demian knew for a fact that Chris was going to be Piper's son, from the future. Well, he wasn't entirely wrong... He was her second son from the future instead.
- In a Season 4 episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, recapper Sep expressed disappointment that Buffy and Spike couldn't actually get together, as their actors had infinitely more chemistry than Buffy and then-love-interest Riley. Two years later, when Buffy and Spike did get together, the recapping team hated the relationship, and Sep jokingly acknowledged in a later recap that she was entirely to blame for the entire mess and offered to jam stakes into her eyes in penance.
- Ho Yay: The Trope Namer. If two male characters appeared onscreen together, someone at TWoP would see sexual tension between them.
- Seasonal Rot: There's a school of former readers who felt that this happened to TWoP after being sold to NBC (who runs it under the Bravo brand name), causing the site to quickly lose its teeth.
YMMV / Television Without Pity