- Angst? What Angst?: No one in the film other than the cops seems all that concerned about a psychopath going around murdering people. Barely a day after a violent murder, the friends of the victim all go out to a party. Mr. Royce seems more mad that his daughter was dating a member of a gang than that she was witness to a murder — meanwhile Mrs. Royce is delighted to be interrogated by the officer of her daughter's friend's murder, even getting downright flirty with him. All of the parents and teenagers seem more focused on trivial things like their social lives and stolen bikes over murders and gangs.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Mikey, courtesy of the MST3K treatment making him one of the most memorable characters.
- Memetic Mutation: "He didn't steal no bike neither!"
- Narm Charm: The film is dripping with it, since Word of God said it was basically a "let's put on a show!" film, made by a group just for the heck of it. It's guileless and hard to hate.
- Wangst: A healthy dollop from whiny Mikey. Betty is almost equally sobby.
YMMV / Teen-Age Strangler