- Base-Breaking Character: Ted was divisive around the time Legacy was formed. Fans were divided between thinking he was a future main eventer with all the skills necessary for the job - or else thinking he was overrated simply because of his father. A third camp felt that he was great in the ring, but had none of his father's charisma.
- Dork Age: The month in 2010 where he brought Virgil back and tried to replicate his father's gimmick. He didn't win any matches, and got jobbed out to R-Truth on PPV. Virgil was then Put on a Bus and his pairing with Maryse was a little more successful.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: His more philanthropic image after his face turn became genuine after he left wrestling, as a look at this video will show.
- Memetic Mutation: Diva Dirt liked to mock him for his bad fake tan during 2010.
- Narm Charm: His feud with Goldust over the Million Dollar Championship was cheesy and ridiculous (secret admirer messages for the title!) but still quite fun.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: The DiBiase Posse gimmick could probably have taken off if it had been given the right chance, but Ted just got used sporadically in lesser feuds.
YMMV / Ted DiBiase Jr.