- Award Snub: Throughout the first two seasons of Orphan Black, fans and critics were constantly amazed that Maslany would be ignored by televised awards like the Emmys and the Golden Globes, considering the complex job she was doing of playing up to fourteen different characters with unique traits. This notably came despite fervent support from TV critics, as Maslany managed to win the Television Critics Association prize for Individual Achievement in Drama for the first season and the Critics Choice Award for Lead Actress in a Drama Series for both Seasons 1 and 2. Maslany's omissions were so noted by critics that Billy Eichner made a reference to them in a bit he did with Seth Meyers for a video they presented at the 2014 Emmys. Maslany's awards luck eventually turned around after this, as she received her first nomination for Season 3 in 2015 and she finally fully averted this trope in Season 4, when she won the Emmy in a stunning upset.
- Fan Nickname: "Titty Malaysia." Another popular one is "Tikka Masala."◊
- Memetic Mutation: The fan theory that she's really playing everyone (including you). As well as any inanimate objects.
- It helps that she voiced the scorpion in Season 3.
- How many characters does she need to play to get an Emmy/Golden Globe?
- She was playing everyone at the 68th Emmy Awards and all the statues as well. You didn't even realise it until just now.
- Retroactive Recognition: Following the success of Orphan Black, a whole lotta Clone Clubbers have been poking through Maslany's filmography, in part to trace the evolution of her acting chops.
YMMV / Tatiana Maslany