- Anvilicious: The film is way too adamant that we should respect nature, with an earthquake and a cloud that will punish those who dare touching the meteor.
- Funny Moments:
- While breaking into Jane's tent, Tarzan cuts some of his hair and wears red glasses.
- Clayton mocks Tarzan's Stripperiffic clothing.
- Narm: The first time Father Greystock hits a rock of the meteor and the narrator says the nature would punish him and his family, it is hard to take it seriously.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: The Setting Update, the Age Lift to Tarzan, the focus on the Green Aesop and the addition of the meteor subplot were widely panned as going too far from the point of Tarzan.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
- The film adds a suplot about a meteor, but does barely anything with it other than bringing some characters to scene.
- Little is touched about Tarzan losing his parents at an older age; it is almost as if the same story could be told if Tarzan was a baby when their parents died.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Although the human characters look off and the gorillas are even worse, the jungle and the water look spectacular. The water is not a generic turquoise thing, but looks like real water.
YMMV / Tarzan (2013)