- Anticlimax Boss: While the final boss, Witchcart herself, is by no means a cakewalk (it's possible to get a cheap hit that'll quickly knock you onto the floor if you're not careful), she is comparatively easy in contrast to the previous bosses and can be defeated the most quickly.
- Bizarro Episode: Perhaps even more so than Tails Adventure. The gameplay is not only radically different from other Sonic titles, the setting and characters make this game feel out-of-place in the series.
- It's Hard, So It Sucks! / It's Short, So It Sucks!: This game is commonly viewed as a very forgettable and overall bad game for these reasons besides how un-Sonic-like it is.
- Snark Bait: Falls among other spinoff titles for the Game Gear as something that's only remembered to be made fun of.
- Unfortunate Names: One of the bosses is named Focke-Wulf. Though he is actually named after a German company, the similarity to English-speakers led his name to be changed to "Falke Wulf" in the Archie comic.
YMMV / Tails' Skypatrol