- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The man who appears to have cerebral palsy and hangs out around the river bank. It's never really addressed who the heck he is or why he's there.
- Jerkass Woobie: The three main charcters: Dong-jin, Ryu and Yeong-mi. Apparently, their misery is all because of their own actions, which is what started the Cycle of Revenge in the first place.
- Moral Event Horizon: The main character, Dong-jin himself crosses this when he tortures Yeong-mi to death, thereby showing that he's really no better than the kidnappers. And if that wasn't enough, it's also revealed that he also killed the delivery boy who delivered the noodles to Yeong-mi's house, because said guy may or may not be a witness to Dong-jin's crime.
- In addition to the autopsies, there's a couple close ups of slash wounds, and they are not pretty.
- Ryu's next door neighbors masturbating to what they assume are orgasm moans. When the camera pans over to Ryu's apartment, it's really moans of agony of his sister rolling in pain.
- What an Idiot!:
- Ryu's deal with the black market organ dealers. What was he expecting?
- One wonders why they left him alive after stealing his money and an organ. What were they expecting?
- Why would you leave pictures of the girl you kidnapped lying around your apartment in plain view?
YMMV / Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance